Just Found this lovely Blog dedicated to simple, fresh, local ingredients. Please check out Bona Fide Farm Food
SERVES HOW EVER MANY YOU NEED TO SERVE
- •2 to 3 Jonah crab claws per person
- •2 to 4 mussels per person, steamed in your favorite way, then chilled
- •3 to 5 asparagus spears per person, blanched in heavily salted water, chilled immediately in an ice bath
- •2 to 3 fingerling potatoes per person, cooked until tender halved, chilled
- •3 to 4 leaves of Belgian endive per person
- •1/2 hard boiled egg per person
- •3 to 4 mixed olives per person
- •2 to 3 cucumber slices per person
- •3/4 cups mayonnaise
- •1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- •1 teaspoon lemon zest
- •white wine vinegar
- •olive oil
- •sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- •other options: shrimp, oysters, radishes, shaved raw sunchokes, baby zuchinni, scallions, pretty much you are looking for the freshest of fresh
- 1.Combine the mayonnaise, lemon zest and juice. Whisk to combine.
- 2.Arrange the seafood and the vegetables attractively on a platter. If you aren’t serving it immediately refrigerate it, covered with plastic wrap and do not dress it.
- 3.Just before serving drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Serve the lemon mayonnaise on the side.
Via Bona Fide Farm Food